• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

look what i found

fnkycoldmedina

May 18, 2005
pa
bought this at a sale the other day . .tell me what you know about this rig please.and a value if you will. it lights up and all the tubes light up too. have not tested any farther yet.

dsc00582k.jpg

Shot at 2011-05-15

dsc00584ig.jpg

Shot at 2011-05-15

dsc00583fv.jpg

Shot at 2011-05-15

dsc00585lr.jpg

Shot at 2011-05-15

yes,it will be for sale .wanna verify that it works first.and asses a value .

That's a Gonset Communicator IV. A 2 meter AM Transceiver. I used to own one, in fact it may still be somewhere in storage.. I don't remember ever getting rid of it.

well i have heard it receive and i transmitted into a 50 ohm load .this ol girl works great .i have no idea where its transmitting ?
i dont recognize the freq`s on those crystals .can anyone help with that??

well i have heard it receive and i transmitted into a 50 ohm load .this ol girl works great .i have no idea where its transmitting ?
i dont recognize the freq`s on those crystals .can anyone help with that??

Try multiplying the crystal frequency by 18. That's essentially what had to be done (two triplers and a doubler).

Nice condition...too bad it is 2m AM only...be a nice catch if it was the 6m version...
No 2m Am activity anymore that I am aware of...
GL
All the Best
BJ

Attachments

• Gonney Box 2m.jpg
    Gonney Box 2m.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 155
Good for you ! I love old radio's and if I had the room I would buy one every month. Don't stop looking, there's a lot of good deals out there.

Harold

You can stick a piece of wire in the antenna slot and slope tune the FM repeaters to see if the receiver plays.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated