• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for 11.6908 crystals

ShakyMcQuiver

Apr 11, 2018
Does anyone happen to have any 11.6908 crystals taking up space in their junk box?
If so, would you consider parting with one or two? (Yea, I know... old school... switch to micro-controller dummy!)

I've never converted a CB to 10-meter use, but what the hell... might as well do something with my old radios.
Besides - it's not a bad thing to have more communication options right?

PS: Is Ken's Electronics still in business? They list that crystal for sale, but it looks like thier web site hasn't been updated in quite some time. I also get an error when I try to go to their order page.

Thanks,

Does anyone happen to have any 11.6908 crystals taking up space in their junk box?
If so, would you consider parting with one or two? (Yea, I know... old school... switch to micro-controller dummy!)

I've never converted a CB to 10-meter use, but what the hell... might as well do something with my old radios.
Besides - it's not a bad thing to have more communication options right?

PS: Is Ken's Electronics still in business? They list that crystal for sale, but it looks like thier web site hasn't been updated in quite some time. I also get an error when I try to go to their order page.

Thanks,
The best thing to do is call on the phone.
Use the number and hours on the web site.
I have bought stuff from Ken that was unobtanium anywhere else.

Jeff

What you'll find already made to sell from stock are frequencies used in commercial products. It's like a shoe store that has two sizes. Too large and too small.

Ken has one that's about 35 kHz too low, and one that's 9 kHz too high. Nothing in between.

How critical is the exact frequency? If close will do, the closest choices at Ken's are 11.655 and 11.705 MHz.

They're listed at: http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/cbxtal.htm

And getting "just one" crystal custom made ain't what it used to be.

Reactions: Enterprise312ok

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.