• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for 4 gauge power and ground wire

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Theres a few projects I want to finish at home here and I was thinking yesterday about it and Im thinking Ide like to get them done now or ASAP I need 4 guage wire for one of them I cant find any around here nor can I find the connectors for such wire.

My son has beeen on me to get this prject done I pushed it off for a while now I coach baseball and my son is a dynamite player pitcher and a great hitter at the plate. We had practice lastnight for a late seasn double header tonight which is gonna be great infront of 1000 people under the lights and a county fair and my dream come true the boy pounded one in batting practice and over the fence and outta there it went so I was a proud father considering my son is a pretty small kid but growing.

I have alot going on right now but after seeing this happen and the smile on that boys face I atleast owe him the time and satifactory of getting this amplifier project done he and my daughter and wife are studying for there general and hes just itching to use this as he calls it "THE BIG DADDY" I want to get this done. I been thinking alot the last few days and there so many things Ive started and not finished along with things ive talked about and never done but we all do that I guess.

Anyways Im looking for around 10-12 feet of 4 guage wire and a few ends or connectors anyone have some around let me know cost and what you have or where I can find this stuff or atleast the wire. 6 may also work Im thinking. but I was told 4 would be best Thanks......Tony

You local auto parts store carries a good welding lead style cable and a wide assortment of eyelets and connects for that size cable at a reasonable cost.

If it will come in contact with oil let them know and they have oil resistant versions of that cable.

Or, try a local welding supply store. They should have cable of that size and connectors for it. That may be a bit of 'over-kill' depending on wht you plan to ground, but should work fine. I honestly can't tell you the size I found locally, but it's about the size of my little finger (1/2 - 3/4"?). Works just dandy for running power from the battery to where ever too.
- 'Doc

This will bw for an amplifier istallation in the house hooking power supplies together ETC I have plenty of 8 guage if that would work Ide be set.:(

This will bw for an amplifier istallation in the house hooking power supplies together ETC I have plenty of 8 guage if that would work Ide be set.:(
In short runs or 3' or less for 1kw pep would be plenty for that job and you could always double the leads.

Wal-mart has car stereo amplifier power cable up to (oo) lots of six and eight guage also and it is very flexible. I have used it on many radio and amp installiations and it works exceptionally well.

skipper1

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.