• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

looking for help

There a are several places to buy on the net or you can visit your local truck stop (Flying J, Pilot etc.)

Premire Electronics
Pacific CB Radio
Coppers (???questionable)
Bob's
and several others

Base Radio

Buy the bigggest export radio on the market the rci 2995dx get the 11 meter mod done and hav eit peak and tuned. Also get a silver eagle mic and a imax 2000 antenna . that will make u be heard all over the band no matter what channel your on

In other words....What do you want in your Base radio??
Extra channels?
echo/reverb?
Roger beep?
frequency display?
Var power?
SSB and AM and FM??
or just AM?
How much power do you want out of the radio in peak watts??

Yes things to think about...:)
Let me or someone else know...WE can help you :) No dought about that!!!! :)

AM POWER

NorthStar said:
Premiere Electronics has the Cherokee CBS-500 base's I believe for $139 good for talking local.

I also think those would be a decent base for you--I like the 1000's/Tomahawks, but 500 is good for the price-- perfect for someone like yourself. With a good mic and antenna it'l have plenty of talk power for local-- even with a stock mic, plenty.
Match it with an antron, big stick or the like and your good.
5 watts at 100% modulation on that cbs500 with a antron or something like it and your talking all over your area.

Hey bush have i talked to you before? I cant remember if it was on the Bowl. Or maby 11,26,28. I know i have talked to a bushwacker and that MotherF***er was loud as hell. Serious man. I was sitting at the computer and my room is about 20 feet away and i had the radio turned down. Then all the sudden i heard Bushwacker. Couldnt figure out who it was. My brother wasnt home so i had know idea what was going on. Then i went into my room and seen the radio with 30DBs on it and there was bushwacker talkin. Loud station you have bro by far if that was you. Later CDX197

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.