• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for info for a Navaho Pro Niner CB radio...

danmcclain

Dec 11, 2020
My friend got a Navaho Pro Niner and found that the mic was directly wired to the mic wires in the radio. My friend would like to reinstall the mic socket on the radio but doesn't know what wires go on what pins.... Does anyone know the wiring (by color) for the mic socket pins?

1708704497924.png

Sadly, it does not show the colors.

THis is in CB-51 The ProNiner is the same as the TRC-49. Even says it on the cover. I hope this helps. Say hi to Steve!!!!! ;)

Unless he's striving for all original parts, this would be the perfect time to ditch the RS mic mount and connector and replace it with usual Cobra/Uniden 4-pin mic setup. My 02. cents.

This is the image of the schematic printed inside the top cover of my TRC Pro Niner.

I have the original mike socket from the radio with the wires attached to the socket. The pin numbers on the socket are difficult to decipher but here is what I can see:
Pin 1- is the microphone Shield tied to ground (same as pin 3)
Pin 2-No Connection
Pin 3- has a brown wire attached and a capacitor jumpering to ground. Value .0001uF
Pin 4- Mike Audio with a capacitor jumpering to Pin 1. Value .0001uF
Pin 5- No Connection

The radio side connector pin numbering does not match the Sam's Schematic above. I also have that same Sam's manual.

I never had a microphone that was wired to this radio and it now has a PLL02a chassis in it with extra channels (for receive purposes only:ROFLMAO:) and a frequency counter in the front panel.

Good Luck
David

Attachments

• IMG_4595.jpg
    IMG_4595.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 2

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.