• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for Instructions to Instal Expo Kit A in President Dwight D.

Well that's wrong. C69 is NOT a .01uf.

The procedure described in the 1980s instructions is to remove C69 entirely. C79 gets one leg only pulled out of the pc board. Won't matter which leg. A 100pf ceramic disc cap gets inserted between the free end of C79 and the hole it came out of. The junction of the two disc caps gets lap soldered and the white wire from the Expo kit goes there. L19 gets repeaked for best signal amplitude on the 'scope screen at TP5 on channel 20 in receive mode. This setup prevents L19 from having any influence on the extra bands.

And anyone who connects the white wire directly to L19 will find that the slug in L19 has to be played like a violin to get both normal and extra channels to kick in reliably.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated