• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for Owners Manual and Service Manual for a GB 150 Solid State Linear

danmcclain

Dec 11, 2020
Looking for any and all information on a GB150 Solid State Linear pictured below....Thank you.... Dan

Attachments

• IMG_4209.JPG
    IMG_4209.JPG
    777.8 KB · Views: 9

Dan, I have never seen a service manual for any Grey amp.
There is a thread here somewhere that talks about one but they were like most CB amps back in the day.
I will look for the thread

Jeff

Might be more here

Thread about the mobile, the base has a crude un regulated power supply.

Jeff

Nomad I am sure is familiar with these
Yep. The toroid power transformer is woefully undersize. The DC voltage on standby is over 20 Volts. Drops to around 12 under load. The high standby voltage tends to cause RF transistors to fail, frequently as you unkey. We learned to insert a 30-Amp "Bosch"-type automotive relay between the DC power and the amplifier board. Added a transistor to carry the load of the added relay's coil, and drove the transistor from the original relay circuit. This will remove DC power from the RF transistors in receive mode.

It's a bit like a small mammal. High metabolic rate, short life.

Yep. The toroid power transformer is woefully undersize. The DC voltage on standby is over 20 Volts. Drops to around 12 under load. The high standby voltage tends to cause RF transistors to fail, frequently as you unkey. We learned to insert a 30-Amp "Bosch"-type automotive relay between the DC power and the amplifier board. Added a transistor to carry the load of the added relay's coil, and drove the transistor from the original relay circuit. This will remove DC power from the RF transistors in receive mode.

It's a bit like a small mammal. High metabolic rate, short life.

Thank you for the info... Dan

Not sure if you already have this, but the schematic was on CBTricks

Attachments

• gray_150_sch.pdf
    26.2 KB · Views: 4

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.