• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for small cb amp

Slam dunk, thanks for the input but my radio ( except for watts ) will smoke a RCI hands down in the modulation department.

Maybe you might be right but, you might also be wrong. Did you yourself perform the modifications on your radio or did some "Tek" down at the local Pilot Truckstop do it for you? I only ask because I know what's been done by me to the inside of my radio and, my radio SPEAKS for itself.

I am not going to offer answers to your specific questions but, I am offering my opinion and philosophies about radios and radio operation in general.

First and most importantly, the fewer amount of times that you break your transmit/receive line the better. Every relay, coax connector, jumper and, wattmeter throws an impedence bump in the signal path. You lose receive signals (not important if you are only interested in screaming, "One-one-one-one-one-one") of that possible DX station.

I have been around CB Radio repair and modification for 30 years and, I understand how an AM Detector works but, Yo-Yo modulation (highly suppressed carrier with swing from 1/2 watt to 20 watts) does not sound as good on the other end as it looks on your meter to you. Commercial radio station do not use yo-yo modulation.

Here's something to chew on, think about this instead of a "one-pill modulator", Get "Rolling Radios" or Justin or even Adam to put it in for you.

MVC-002E.jpg

Maybe you might be right but, you might also be wrong. Did you yourself perform the modifications on your radio or did some "Tek" down at the local Pilot Truckstop do it for you? I only ask because I know what's been done by me to the inside of my radio and, my radio SPEAKS for itself.

I am not going to offer answers to your specific questions but, I am offering my opinion and philosophies about radios and radio operation in general.

First and most importantly, the fewer amount of times that you break your transmit/receive line the better. Every relay, coax connector, jumper and, wattmeter throws an impedence bump in the signal path. You lose receive signals (not important if you are only interested in screaming, "One-one-one-one-one-one") of that possible DX station.

I have been around CB Radio repair and modification for 30 years and, I understand how an AM Detector works but, Yo-Yo modulation (highly suppressed carrier with swing from 1/2 watt to 20 watts) does not sound as good on the other end as it looks on your meter to you. Commercial radio station do not use yo-yo modulation.

Here's something to chew on, think about this instead of a "one-pill modulator", Get "Rolling Radios" or Justin or even Adam to put it in for you.

MVC-002E.jpg

Thanks Slam Dunk,
And that for the intelligent response and info, I have just recently received a mauldulator from motor mouth maul, I heard him on the air and immediately fell in love with the sound his stuff produced.

I have not been into radio stuff for very long, I owned a professional recording studio for many years and I have a very good, pitch correct ear.

This is the reason I decided to purchase the mauldulator radio, Of all the radios I have heard, this one smokes them all, buy a long shot.

If you have a few extra minutes please check out the cbtricks web page under new product showcase, this is where I first saw the item and started learning about it, and let me know what you think.

The version I got was the one with the cobra 29, and as advertised, it puts out exactly 3/4 watt @ 200% modulation without exceeding 100% in the negative direction, and again im new to this so im just repeating what I have read from my experience with this thing.

It came all put together, and ready to go.

and yes I know that each pl-259 connection reduces the Db of my signal, Im actually one of thoes wierd people that does not run a watt meter inline all time, unless im testing something.

as far as the highly suppressed carrier stuff, I dont really know if my signal is highly suppressed, so I dont have a response for you on that but I will call motor mouth and ask that question.

I like the small 1 pill you have installed in the back of your radio, would you be willing to give details ?

thanks for the input, again, Im just trying to learn and move forward in a positive direction.

Thanks

Wahlrite

sorry for the BULL with fatty, but I have read alot of his post and it just seems like hes more interested in bashing everyone. what I need to do is stop responding to that stuff.

sorry for the BULL with fatty, but I have read alot of his post and it just seems like hes more interested in bashing everyone. what I need to do is stop responding to that stuff.

Actually dumb ass, I was willing to drop it and even tried to give you a straight answer, and even now you continue to keep it going......

As far as being helpful, look at my posts dipshit, the thing is, your just here to whore this thing you call a Mauldulator, your posts read like one of those annoying infomercials.. Quit spewing your shit about me and I'll probably just quit posting in your infomercials... If you don't want my participation in your stupidity then stop bringing my name up...

Actually dumb ass, I was willing to drop it and even tried to give you a straight answer, and even now you continue to keep it going......

As far as being helpful, look at my posts dipshit, the thing is, your just here to whore this thing you call a Mauldulator, your posts read like one of those annoying infomercials.. Quit spewing your shit about me and I'll probably just quit posting in your infomercials... If you don't want my participation in your stupidity then stop bringing my name up...
Try as I might the other day I could not get my FM receiver to pickup Stereo FM broadcast, do you think the mauldulator's broadcasts can be reproduced by even the widest filtering available on today's out of the box AM receivers?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated