• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for So. Cal. Tech.

Brett Dean

May 28, 2015
Does any know a good CB tech in Southern California, or am I better of shipping out my radio to someone like Bells? Any suggestions?

Does any know a good CB tech in Southern California, or am I better of shipping out my radio to someone like Bells? Any suggestions?

What kind of work so you need done? I kinda would like to break into the business, but I have absolutely no established reputation for this kind of work, outside of my own friends!

I'm just looking for someone to give a dx95t a good once over, need a dual fan install, and maybe a good peak and tune.

I hope 807 doesn't take this personal but unlit he's established he wouldn't be my choice.

If shipping coast isn't as big of a concern as getting what every it is you need done right the first time Mike at mikesradiorepair@gmail.com is an excellent choice

Transmitters, hf trancivers cb's, amplifiers, recivers of today or sw's from the 30's.

I'm lucky enough to live in New Jersey as mike lives in p.a. and shipping isn't as high as it would be if I'd lived on the west coast.

It took me a year to find a tec who's xspertece is second to none (Imo). Truth be told if he lived on the west coast I'd still send him my equipment.

His knowledge of everything radio related is incredible. Tube or transistorized . Who ever you choose do your diligence as there's more people in the business than don't have a clue then those who do.

If your lucky enough to find someone local check out his operation and ask questions and do an online search.

If he's a hack you'll quickly find out. Good luck.

Reactions: 116 RiverRat
I hope 807 doesn't take this personal but unlit he's established he wouldn't be my choice.

If shipping coast isn't as big of a concern as getting what every it is you need done right the first time Mike at mikesradiorepair@gmail.com is an excellent choice

Transmitters, hf trancivers cb's, amplifiers, recivers of today or sw's from the 30's.

I'm lucky enough to live in New Jersey as mike lives in p.a. and shipping isn't as high as it would be if I'd lived on the west coast.

It took me a year to find a tec who's xspertece is second to none (Imo). Truth be told if he lived on the west coast I'd still send him my equipment.

His knowledge of everything radio related is incredible. Tube or transistorized . Who ever you choose do your diligence as there's more people in the business than don't have a clue then those who do.

If your lucky enough to find someone local check out his operation and ask questions and do an online search.

If he's a hack you'll quickly find out. Good luck.

Great, thank you for the info..

I really don't mind shipping my radio to someone who really knows their stuff and is trustworthy. It's kind of like looking for the right trustworthy truck mechanic, get the wrong one and tell you line of crap only to benefit his pocket. The worst thing I fear is a tech. going through my radio and pulling out what he wants and replacing it with bogus crap.

I assume Mike works at Bell's?

Well, I stopped by Viking CB Repair in Ontario, CA. and was very happy with them, great service. They gave my radio a good once over, did a few adjustments, installed a new bezel and faceplate (that I brought) and told me the radio is working as it should, and then some. The tech, or owner, came off as a real honest person, not like an old drunk trucker thats interested in only your money.

This might be my next local radio shop.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.