• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

looking for the right antenna

moonwalker61

Dec 23, 2018
The Galaxy Melaka came in and I'm new at this CB stuff and need some help from somebody that don't mind helping me. I have lots of questions about getting the right antenna 10 meter?-11 meter? I been looking at the Sirio star duster for starters. There is so much to learn and I just need some guidance on getting started. So if there's somebody out there with the knowledge and patience please bring it back to moonwalker61. over! just using am standard cb

Reactions: crunchybobjones

need a little help here. trying to find the best base CB antenna 10M-11M? trying to get started and need somebody to help me with all kinds of stuff. am base sta.

Reactions: UDX-4570
Yes certainly many things to know>
Location/ antenna systems allowed/ local terrain...etc...
Other interests: Local chatting/ Long distance communication desires...etc.
You noted 10 and 11 meters...Do you have interest in Amatuer Radio usage as well as CB?
These could all be factors in your new system set-up.
Welcome, many here to help.
All the Best
Gary

what is Amature Radio usage? just want to talk skip-local and whatever on cb base not interested in Ham at this time. maybe later on, I got the radio for it though. for now just 26.6 --27.8 MHZ. D band.

pretty shallow pockets . already have a pole 36' high with a 102'' whip and getting 3swr with a galaxy Melaka. Not going to work, too high, I mean the SWRs are too high, not me, my TEXAS brother!

I bought a sirio 5/8 wave ground plane. It is supposed to be adjustable for 10 or 11 meters. Works well on 11 meters so far. SWR 1.1 to 1.2. It’s only 16’ high so planning to get a push up pole

pretty shallow pockets . already have a pole 36' high with a 102'' whip and getting 3swr with a galaxy Melaka. Not going to work, too high, I mean the SWRs are too high, not me, my TEXAS brother!
You could get something like a Antron 99, they usually can be had for under $100...Or one step up and get a Solarcon Imax 2000 24' for around $130-150...(I would lean towards the Imax before the A99)

Reactions: ND999

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.