• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

looking for the right antenna

Penetrator would do you better than a starduster . Just be careful some antennas are made cheaply or have poor directions. if possible download the assembly instructions before buying

Reactions: jessejamesdallas
Thanks for the info bro, penetrator it is. found one in New York for 149 plus 70** shipping at rwantenna store. do you know a better-closer place I can find one?

Thanks for the info bro, penetrator it is. found one in New York for 149 plus 70** shipping at rwantenna store. do you know a better-closer place I can find one?
Try eBay....And to tune, all you really need is a CB and a SWR meter...Don't really need a Freq. Counter...First get on channel 20 and tune the antenna to the lowest SWR reading, then check channels 1 and 40....Try to get channels 1 and 40 to tune as close as you can to each other, then channel 20 "should be" a little lower...Once done, the antenna will be tuned for 11 meter...10 meter SWR maybe a little higher when the antenna is tuned for 11 meter, but should still be ok to talk on.

The Penetrator your looking at is probably the HY-GAIN Penetrator...There's another one made by WORKMAN that's called a "Super Penetrator" that sells for $134 with free shipping...It's not the same quality...go with the HY-GAIN

Last edited:
Try eBay....And to tune, all you really need is a CB and a SWR meter...Don't really need a Freq. Counter...First get on channel 20 and tune the antenna to the lowest SWR reading, then check channels 1 and 40....Try to get channels 1 and 40 to tune as close as you can to each other, then channel 20 "should be" a little lower...Once done, the antenna will be tuned for 11 meter...10 meter SWR maybe a little higher when the antenna is tuned for 11 meter, but should still be ok to talk on.

The Penetrator your looking at is probably the HY-GAIN Penetrator...There's another one made by WORKMAN that's called a "Super Penetrator" that sells for $134 with free shipping...It's not the same quality...go with the HY-GAIN

ok jessejamesDallas, got it . That's some good info right there. The penetrater on ebay is the one in New York I been looking at. that's ok I'll get it anyway. and its not the super penetrator either. Its the hy gain spt 500 penetrator.

Reactions: jessejamesdallas
Ok jesseJamesDallas got it. that's some good info right there. the penetrator on ebay is the one in New York I been looking at and its not the super penetrator, its the hy-gain SPT 500 penetrator. I'll get it ordered tomorrow.

One thing I don't quite understand, is how can a antenna be illegal for 11 meter? What could possibly make it illegal? It's a 5/8 wave omni antenna made from aluminum rods which last I checked is not illegal materials...

Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?