• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

looking for the right antenna

I have the "Sirio Gainmaster 5/8's wave, the antenna beats the daylights out of an A99. The Gainmaster is "Center fed" and has an RF choke on the base by the feedpoint to "De-couple" the RF signal from the feed line.
You can get these Gainmasters for about the same price as an A99.
I have a Gainmaster that I was using at the last place, was shooting skip during the low part of the cycle at 4 feet off the ground. Once I finally get out of this HOA (long story) that's probably going to be the first thing I set up after the XYL's stuff. (Survival tip, always get her set up first.)

The Gainmaster is a good antenna, there are some long threads here about them and how they work.
Marconi has done modeling on them and even a how to homebrew one with a higher power rating in here somewhere.

Jeff
Yeah, they're great antennas don't understand why they are only engineered to handle 500 whiskeys, but that's okay.

Reactions: Blackcat630
I have a Gainmaster that I was using at the last place, was shooting skip during the low part of the cycle at 4 feet off the ground. Once I finally get out of this HOA (long story) that's probably going to be the first thing I set up after the XYL's stuff. (Survival tip, always get her set up first.)
If your a DX operator, having a low takeoff angle is choice for that sort of work. Like you, and coincidental, my Gainmaster feed point is only 4'F off the ground and mounted to a 50lb cast iron patio umbrella stand, my current location won't allow my to set up a tower, no biggie, My Gainmaster performs beyond my expectations at the height I have it..

Take care!
UDX-4570 Palm Springs saying 73's for now!

I have the "Sirio Gainmaster 5/8's wave, the antenna beats the daylights out of an A99. The Gainmaster is "Center fed" and has an RF choke on the base by the feedpoint to "De-couple" the RF signal from the feed line.
You can get these Gainmasters for about the same price as an A99.
I have only seen 1/2 wave any ideas where I could find a 5/8 wave?

I have only seen 1/2 wave any ideas where I could find a 5/8 wave?
The walmart.com, buyantenna.com, bobscb.com, amazon.com, and moonrakeronline.com web sites all claim to have it. Copper Electronics also has it on their website, but you have to read the specs to figure out which version it is.

So that's six places to try. May be more. BTW, Sirio has an updated version with a plastic sleeve that clamps around the first joint. You can see that here: https://www.sirioantenne.it/en/products/hf/gain-master

Thank you, decided to go with the1/2 wave from walmart. I would have never thought to look at walmart. Free shipping, thats a big plus!
I've had a Walmart re loadable gift card I've used for years buying radios and supply's of all types. I keep about $300.00 on it at all times so when I get the urge for something I look in Wal Mart . com and order it and it is shipped to my house. Saves time and travel and never underestimate the stuff they carry !

Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated