• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for two way setup for my business

good radios, you might have some competition for those

You do know they are UHF right?

Pretty sure those can run in trunked mode. 250 channels in normal mode.

Right you are my friend

Features:
TK-880 TK-780
TK-880K UHF
TK-780K VHF
25Watt 250conv channel
Trunked Mode with Conventional and LTR TM Systems
Large Channel Capacity
FleetSync TM Alpha-numeric Two-way Paging
Multiple Scanning Functions
DTMF Signaling & Dialing Features
Companded Audio
DTMF ans 2-tone
MIL-STD 810 C/D/E
Built-in QT, DQT, DTMF
Busy Channel Lockout

Those are the kenwoods I have been looking at there are many other to be had a a discounted rate. Will those work on the new regulations? What is the difference between uhf and vhf? You guys have been a huge help I appreciate all the information and feedback I am getting

Those are the kenwoods I have been looking at there are many other to be had a a discounted rate. Will those work on the new regulations?

The TK-880 can be programmed to meet the narrowband requirements. Some older models can't.

Those are the kenwoods I have been looking at there are many other to be had a a discounted rate. Will those work on the new regulations? What is the difference between uhf and vhf? You guys have been a huge help I appreciate all the information and feedback I am getting

VHF: 30-300 MHz
UHF: 300 MHz - 3 GHz

Are the kenwoods something I should look into there are alot of the models out there for a decent price there is a place who sells and services them about 15 minutes from my shop so it will be easy to have them repaired and programed should I install them myself or have the shop install them we have a machanic who wires all of our stuff up and is pretty good at it I just don't know if there is a need to have a shop install them. The way I look at it is if he does one truck and understands how they work he can do the rest and take them out of trucks we sell and install them on the new trucks we get in.

Are the kenwoods something I should look into there are alot of the models out there for a decent price there is a place who sells and services them about 15 minutes from my shop so it will be easy to have them repaired and programed should I install them myself or have the shop install them we have a machanic who wires all of our stuff up and is pretty good at it I just don't know if there is a need to have a shop install them. The way I look at it is if he does one truck and understands how they work he can do the rest and take them out of trucks we sell and install them on the new trucks we get in.

You can program Kenwood radios very easily yourself. Just need a couple dollar knockoff cable from ebay and the software which floats around the internet.

You probably won't need a shop to install the radios in your vehicles, it's a straight forward procedure, use Larson NMO mount antennas and things will go smoothly. For that matter get a magnetic nmo mount and do it that way, works great and when you trade vehicles, no holes to plug.

You need to get in contact with someone knowledgeable about frequency coordination and see what is involved in getting your "own" frequency for these radios. That's going to mean doing some paperwork, paying the man, and having an fcc license. It can all be done but you need to find out exactly what that is going to cost and add that to your budget.

GLR You have been very helpful! I am looking into it as we speak this has been my project due to lack of snow I went out this morning to salt our lots and realized my phone was dead with no charger I was like damn if only I had the two ways I could stay in touch with our sidewalk crews and salt truck drivers

Here is a list of software/cable required for programming Kenwood radios:

Kenwood Programming Information

Here is an example of the cable used to program a TK-880:

Programming Cable for Kenwood TK-780 TK-880 980 KPG-46 - eBay (item 140487117795 end time Jan-04-11 16:53:31 PST)

Not saying that's a good price, I didn't look but doesn't seem out of line to me. You can also buy this as a usb cable but you'd be better off with a serial connector for using some of the older dos based programming software.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.