• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

looking to make a a TR switch for 11m to run a receiver in-line

Jan 18, 2017
Central KY
ive got a Kenwood R-1000 that i really want to run inline with my station but it doesnt have a place for a transmitter to hook up, so im wanting to make a transmit/receive automatic switch. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

ive got a Kenwood R-1000 that i really want to run inline with my station but it doesnt have a place for a transmitter to hook up, so im wanting to make a transmit/receive automatic switch. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Good receiver. I have had one since shortly after they first came out. You will need a basic relay switch to switch the antenna from the transmitter to the receiver AND you will need the T/R switch to provide another set of contacts to ground pin 7 of the remote connector on the back of the R-1000. This is required to mute the R-1000 to prevent overloading and possibly damaging the frontend of the R-1000 when transmitting. My question is why do you want to use it for a receiver? What are you using for a transmitter? If you are using a simple CB or export radio don't bother. I used my R-1000 with a separate transmitter and made a T/R relay which was controled by the PTT button the microphone but this was a dedicated unit for my application. If you are using a CB or other transceiver then it becose that much harder without modifying it. You could use an RF activated switch but that can be tricky depending if the transmitter comes on before the antenna switches and the receiver mutes.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.