• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

loop antenna for semi truck?

I once bought a retired Greyhound bus. But it was very retired. I turned it into a completely self sufficient motorhome and my family of four traveled for months living in it.
It was a 1958 GMC PD 4104. Looked like this one.

View attachment 37192 View attachment 37193

I operated my RCI 2950 mobile when rolling. Parked I put an A99 up on a 15' pole.
Those are neat buses. They last nearly forever, too. And the 71 series Detroits will run on anything vaguely flammable that you can shove into the cylinders; far more so than any 4 stroke diesel. You do have to buy the right engine oil for them, though: the typical 4 stroke diesel oil won't cut it for long.
Btw those old GMCs are unit body, as I'm sure you know since you had one.

We'd roll up to a church to preach some services and within minutes of hookup we were dragging tools from underneath. Churches always had work for a fellow who'd work by day and preach by night.
I had a lot of familiarity with the look of it from a lot of angles. I pulled a car dolly behind it with our family car. I still own the 20' long jumper cables that went with us everywhere. That's been ~25 years ago...
A lot of times the big truck drivers would see our blinker and hold the lane for us, " Come on over big bus"
I held numerous late night into the wee hours CB conversations with those drivers over the road. Once they learned a preacher's family was on board the language would clean up slick as after Sunday's dinner dishes.
Lot of good memories. . .

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.