• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Low microphone volume for VX-170 and FT-270

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
Turn off the Ht.
Press and hold the PTT button and MONI while turning on the radio.
Appears SETRST
Once on, release PTT and MONI.
Press the [UP (MHz)], then [0 (SET)], then [2 (CODE)], then [2 (CODE)], then [MR (SKIP)].
The Ht restarts.
Press the [F], then press [MR] 3 times until the display A03 (in small font) in the top left of the screen.
Turn the outer dial until DEV.3FH, DEV mean deviation, and the three characters following is a hexadecimal number will change by turning the knob (00H minimum, 3FH maximum).
Once established in DEV.3FH press PTT, and then the [F] to save Turn off the radio and go.
Do not modify the choices that are not A03 DEV. Since some parameters such as base frequency of the VFO, the battery voltage reference. base frequency CTCSS tone dcs. The transmission power, etc.

Thanks to Fidel LU3EHW for the Mod.

Jeff

I did the mod described above, but in the process of dialing to the A03, I may have accidentally changed the first setting ("A0"). So, essentially, I did the procedures until the HT restarted, hit "F", which brought me to "A0" (at which turning the dial would bring me to the "A03") but I may have turned the dial prematurely, changing the "A0" setting. I tried to the best of my memory to set it back; it now reads "REF.7BK." Anyone know what the factory default setting is for the "A0" mode? By the way, the mod improved volume level. Thanks for any input.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated