• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Low pass filters

If your radio is a stock 11m/cb radio there shouldn’t be much trash coming out of it. I would stall the filter after the amp towards the antenna. Even on pass through it puts out junk. Don’t get me wrong…they work great but a tad dirty.

Yes the radios i use are stock single final like 980 ssb and 2510. I wont bother using the drake filter unless i use my small amp. Just for good measure.

I can guarantee you that YOU will hear HIM before he hears you. It's just the differences in receiver quality. I had a CB neighbour and she even ran a 100 watt amp which was a bit dirty when driven as hard as she usually did. I had an Icom IC-735 ham rig. If we were both on 11m or her on 11 and me on 10m, it would tear her receiver up pretty bad while I barely heard her 10 KHz away. NO, my station was not dirty. It was her receiver that could not handle such a strong signal so close. You are worrying about nohing.

Reactions: jrd426 and Crawdad

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.