• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Low Volume

Thank you for getting back with us.

The "L5" must have been that open air coil?

upload_2021-10-31_18-12-38.png
L5 can certainly be finicky...
Since the board is still OEM in many areas,
Might want to think about a recap or two to keep the radio healthy.​

I have heard a few complaints about that problem. Some of them will have no receiver audio at all.

The culprit usually turns out to be a transistor that completes the ground circuit to the internal speaker AND the external speaker jack, both.

If you won't be using the PA function, simply shorting across it will probably take care of the problem. The callout number is Q73, and it's located immediately to the front of the external speaker jack.

It's a surface-mount part, like nearly everything in that model. Not a project for a beginner.

Somebody should shoot a couple of pics of this one. Gotta figure there's a place to put a jumper wire that wouldn't risk damaging the other nearby parts. Haven't run into one of those first-hand, yet.

I am having this same issue! I am nervous about performing this. I wish there was more guidance.
N4VAZ

Attachments

• 20231206_181245.jpg
    20231206_181245.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 20231206_191714.jpg
    20231206_191714.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 9

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.