1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

maco 105hv

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by 552fl, Nov 10, 2018.

1. 552fl

552fl Active Member

reviews and how hard is it to put together?looking at the hy-gain 45 rotor or a yaesu 450?

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.

2. 552fl

552fl Active Member

Have to run two pieces of rg_213 up to it right

3. Shockwave

Shockwave Sr. Member

Be sure to note the tuning instructions for this antenna provide the best gain over a narrow bandwidth. Bandwidth has been traded for improved gain. If you tune it for one end of the band, you may not be happy with the reflected power at the other end of the band.

4. 552fl

552fl Active Member

Thank you for the reply I most regularly just stay on Channel 28 a.m. so I would tune for that right

5. 552fl

552fl Active Member

When I pulled up the PDF file on the instructions show installing like on a horizontal but not the vertical they look very intimidating

6. 552fl

552fl Active Member

Would a gizmotchy 6 element be better than the Mako 105 HV

7. hairball-NWPA

hairball-NWPA Member

I would say in my opinion yes for the simple fact that mounting it and tuning it would be easier...performance on the other hand I would not know...Thats why I didnt go with a 103hv I found a used G35 the horizontal elements arent sticking down so far that you have to have it higher above the tower...I look at it this way if it works and matches good into the freeband I do alot of SSB work, it has more gain than an omni pointed right down their gizzards then go with what you feel comfortable with I do know the Gizzy's seem lighter than macos so easier on the old rotors and tower...dont shoot me just my opinion, let us know what you go with