• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Maco m105c help!! Appreciated!

KC1PNR

May 31, 2023
MASSACHUSETTS
Hello all! I have a Maco m105c not sure why but swr is 5 and the antenna is perfectly measured. I set it for 28.4 since I'm a tech and all I can use is limited.
Radio is. Yaseu ft 840
Tuner ldg z100 plus
50 ft coax rg 58
Antenna is m105c maco 26 ft

The gamma match may have been switched as this was a gift to me. It's not raised up yet. Planning on 25 ft high mast.

Hello all! I have a Maco m105c not sure why but swr is 5 and the antenna is perfectly measured. I set it for 28.4 since I'm a tech and all I can use is limited.
Radio is. Yaseu ft 840
Tuner ldg z100 plus
50 ft coax rg 58
Antenna is m105c maco 26 ft

The gamma match may have been switched as this was a gift to me. It's not raised up yet. Planning on 25 ft high mast.
When your SWR is that I high; I would look for a short somewhere? coax? Gamma rod?

It won't ever tune right if it's close to the ground, especially if you have it mounted horizontal. your either going to have to get it at least 15 feet off of the ground or mount it so the reflector is flat on the ground with the boom/antenna pointed straight up in the air.

Attachments

• 20230519_192300.jpg
    20230519_192300.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 69
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
By no means am I an expert and I really need to go to the VA for new glasses, BUT, you need to check your gamma assembly... After blowing up the picture I dont see the shorting bar.. After that stand it up vertically on plastic milk crates or tie a rope around the last director hoisting up via a tree limb and check adjustment.. Ive always split the element and direct fed (hot feed) the driven and threw the gammas in the shed...

Thank you! Will be looking at this after work and get a better pic of the gamma as well

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.