• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Maco VQ3 beam

TIN_CAN

Nov 23, 2011
I am just wondering if anyone has and experience with this antenna? Seems to be fairly new, the v quad was supposed to be a decent small beam but now vq3 and pretty cheap I am thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these.
Cheers!

img_7758.jpg

Reactions: Tokin

Screenshot_2020-02-06-17-18-03.png Ive been looking at maco beams for a while. I like the Comet myself. I have a 60' Will-Burt pneumatic locking mast that im going to refurbish to put it on. Im just not sure that Y design will hold up as well as the comet even though they say the wind ratings are the same and I can upgrade the comet to 30k gammas if i desire.

Last edited:
Well finally picked up one of these antennas from Scott,s Radio. was not cheap to get it shipped to Canada either. Plan to have it up in the spring @ 30' to feed point. Just need to source a decent rotor. Interesting video of vq3 vs 2 element yagi vs vertical for receive.
20231227_104436.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?