• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MACO VQ3

I have. And wont get much better than than the RG8 ones (thanks @NightThumper ) hooked up now. But it MUST be the length thing fooling the meters slightly. I'll keep playing with the configuration in shack.

So tentative report... Seems to be working I swung it to HI and Jamiaca and busted the pileups BUT until conditions permit and I get someone that isnt contesting but has a minute to compare antennas I wont know whats what. Also wife bent one of the element of the reflector last time down she lifted by it smh. Hasnt affected enough for me to risk taking it down again to try to straighten aluminum but looks a little off to my OCD personality lol

Sad news. The VQ3 is no more. We had a small tornado just now and it bent the steel push up pole greater than 90deg and hammered the VQ3 into my backyard.
Elements are snapped off surprisingly the rotor held. I'll get pictures in the morning.
Sad days. Never even got a chance to really use it.
Another rebuilding project I didn't need.
Please note the Chinesium rotor did NOT fail or snap! Shocking actually.
Spoke to Tom at Maco and he will sell me all the replacement parts I need so that's a blessing but an unwelcome expense for sure. Wife isnt too pleased either landed on her plants.

Attachments

• 1001210726a_HDR.jpg
    1001210726a_HDR.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 195
  • 1001210727_HDR.jpg
    1001210727_HDR.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 214
Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure if it was a tornado or a light plane hit it we are near an airport and weather was storming the way it bent into the backyard makes no sense.
Almost as though a force hit it and pushed it that way .... We heard a roaring and thought was tornado but maybe a low plane idk...

I'm not entirely sure if it was a tornado or a light plane hit it we are near an airport and weather was storming the way it bent into the backyard makes no sense.
Almost as though a force hit it and pushed it that way .... We heard a roaring and thought was tornado but maybe a low plane idk...
Wow! Glad nobody got hurt.

Man, sorry to see that as I'm familiar with that type of incident. Give her hell there my friend, put up another and keep the fire in the wire!

I've lost a few to the panhandle winds so I know that feeling of disgust when you saw it mangled up.

If it was aircraft, might have to put the blinking light up there next round.

The antenna may be smashed in the backyard but I took this opportunity to get the coax through the brick and concrete wall of house and the rotor wire. Wife's unimpressed but I thought I did well. Drilled an existing faceplate for unused sat line. I did NOT drill the center hole that was preexisting and had a tv coax fitting I removed. My holes are actually the correct size lol.

Attachments

• 1002211155.jpg
    1002211155.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • 1002211155a.jpg
    1002211155a.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated