• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Made my first CB DX contact today.. :)

doffo

Oct 14, 2012
Yooo!

I was happy to make my first CB DX today. :) A fellow from Tennessee and Alabama answered me back. I also made contact to Indiana Jones from lake Michigan. :D

Glad to be a part of the DX action. Handle here is Rad Man 775 of Nevada.

See you out there on 38 LSB sometime!

Reactions: 1 person

Yooo!

I was happy to make my first CB DX today. :) A fellow from Tennessee and Alabama answered me back. I also made contact to Indiana Jones from lake Michigan. :D

Glad to be a part of the DX action. Handle here is Rad Man 775 of Nevada.

See you out there on 38 LSB sometime!

nice, i was listening for a while today on 38lsb, ill have to try sometime,, but no power here

I just slapped on some generic magnetic mount on the roof of my Ford Ranger, and had a K40 Plus antenna. My MFJ antenna analyzer said it was at a 1.1:1 on 27.385mhz, so I gave it a whirl with a RM Italy 203P amp. Small amp that does great.

Good onya bro, hope the conditions hold out for you. Try work some of us down here in aus

Nice,

Once you get hooked, it's hard to stop. I heard Indiana Jones but didn't make contact with him. Dx'd with Boston and British Col.

245 Arkansas (mobile)

Ranger 2970 N2

You bet. My brother is also hooked the moment he made a DX contact. Once I set up something more permanent on the home. i will have to shoot out to see if I can DX some countries over.

Dx is fun!! Just listen to some QSO's and you will learn more about the operation procedures and normal do's and don't on the frequencies .
My first dx contact was great.....it was about 40 miles away and the mobile antenna was hanging in a tree around 6 feet off the ground! Few days later i set up a ground plane and started hearing stations around dallas ft worth texas....during a chat one nite some australian guys came in and i worked some real Dx! Hooked at that point:)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.