• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mag mount Mobil antenna.

Stryker SRA-10 I've ran this mobile on my car over a year and haven't made any DX contacts with it running barefoot but have with my K 40 on top of my van. Was kind of wondering if those blue lights that lite up when you transmit don't suck up some of your power. I have to get around to checking my KL-203 P out and mount it back in my car. Summer time is so busy I'm missing out on the Radio Fun.

I just put a Tram 3500 mag mount on top of my Chevy Colt and got almost a Flat Line SWR across the CB band. Channel 1 SWR only twitched a little when I did it so I was Estatic. Made a DX contact in Southern Texas from Northeastern PA the other day while setting in my driveway running my KL-203 P and Tram 3500. And I'm setting in a valley. I've even had good luck with the Tram 300, as a matter of fact I have one of those hanging from the Drop Ceiling in the room next to my radio room and it is in front of a window. I use it to test radios from my radio room. Good Luck deciding !

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
I just put a Tram 3500 mag mount on top of my Chevy Colt and got almost a Flat Line SWR across the CB band. Channel 1 SWR only twitched a little when I did it so I was Estatic. Made a DX contact in Southern Texas from Northeastern PA the other day while setting in my driveway running my KL-203 P and Tram 3500. And I'm setting in a valley. I've even had good luck with the Tram 300, as a matter of fact I have one of those hanging from the Drop Ceiling in the room next to my radio room and it is in front of a window. I use it to test radios from my radio room. Good Luck deciding !
I had one of those Tram 3500's also and was an excellent antenna. Low SWR and a very good talker. Something happened and it finally got full of rain, water, and corroded really bad so I trashed it. If I ever bought another, I'd seal it anywhere it could possibly get water in it. Good luck with it!

Reactions: whiteastro
I had one of those Tram 3500's also and was an excellent antenna. Low SWR and a very good talker. Something happened and it finally got full of rain, water, and corroded really bad so I trashed it. If I ever bought another, I'd seal it anywhere it could possibly get water in it. Good luck with it!
I have a tube of Black RTV sealant around here somewhere, when I find it I will seal the antenna. Thanks

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated