• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MAGIC JACK

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
Anyone use magic jack?, my land line phone bill is getting outrageous. A friend has it and is satisfied, any comments
DOCTOR

I personally do not use Magic Jack, but I have a relative that does and they always sound like crap when I talk to them. It may just be their telephone or something, but they didn't sound that way when they were with the phone company. Just my experience.

The only advantage to an old fashioned twister pair Ma Bell land-line is hat you might still have phone service in a power outage. If you don't need that then the Magic Jack would probably be a winner. No internet = no phone service and you have to have your PC turned on to use it. I weaned myself off an Internet phone service two years ago and now we just have cell phones. Mines free since my employer says I have to have one.

The only advantage to an old fashioned twister pair Ma Bell land-line is hat you might still have phone service in a power outage. If you don't need that then the Magic Jack would probably be a winner. No internet = no phone service and you have to have your PC turned on to use it. I weaned myself off an Internet phone service two years ago and now we just have cell phones. Mines free since my employer says I have to have one.

I just had some work done to our cable setup, and was informed that they had a battery backup UPS in our house. I didn't even know it, but they had put it in the bottom of our entertainment center. The install guy said it was to provide internet service for a few hours, and when people used their Voip phone services they could still call 911. We still have a hard line because they have it bundled and extra cheap (like 12 bucks a month). Otherwise, we'd be using cell phones instead.

I used the protocol back when internet speeds were much slower, and the results were pretty much as tshows stated. However, I think with a fast internet connection it should work just fine.

RT307

Works really well..
Even on DSL..

Used it for business about 7 or more years already..
at a retail store no less
( it does mention iif you use it a lot...you may incur additional charges...But Never happened in a Big Retail Store....so...has been Perfect as far as i have seen )

regarding issues if you need call teck support..

Not needed..
basically you re boot it and good to go

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated