• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum 257HP NB/ANL Problem

w4bss

Aug 7, 2011
I bought a Magnum 257HP off the internet used. I have no complaints other than the NB doesn't work. When I press Function NB the ANL will light up on the screen. No matter what I do the NB will not light up just only the ANL.

Am I doing something wrong?? This is my first 257.

Thanks,
W4BSS

It doesn't work in any mode. Also the Freq Jumper is in Expanded mode CON 3.
When you press the NB button the ANL turns on just fine but no NB on the display.

Well you've got me scratching my head. Function NB turns on the noise blanker and ANL on mine. Hitting the function and NB button again turns both off. Not sure what's up with yours. Maybe the NB light is not functioning?

RT307

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe the light is out. I'm not sure since this is my first Magnum. Golden screwdriver might have been in it!!

I know the ANL is working because I can hear the difference & ANL is on the display but no NB.....

I'm scratching my head also!

Maybe try a reset of the radio by opening it up, bottom side of the con board there is a small black button, with the radio off, push the button and hold it for 5-10 seconds. This should reset the CPU. Might help. Mine is the same as the others have posted as well, function then press 1. Should show like this
u5y6aju6.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks! I will certainly try the reset. I know i'm about to pull my hair out!

Have a great weekend guys

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.