• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MAGNUM BASE RADIO

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
Anyone know when the new magnum base radio is coming out?, and the name of it, see some places call it 3200, but that was their discontinued model a few years ago

DOCTOR/795

Yep you have to like all radios or your gone. I bet his radio shack has stacks of gear since he gets most of everything to test, and by the looks of it keep.

DOCTOR/795

putting a s-9 or s-980 in a base case with a power supply would be a nice option . maybe add a pair of 1446's or 2879's and a variable output so it could drive a 8 pill on up with 200-300 clean watts .

That's basically what the poor guy who got banned wanted to do himself--turn an S9 into a nice base station. 808 kept getting more and more intense about insisting that the Magnum 3200B was what the guy should want instead.

It was weird. He just kept posting link after link to the 3200B, and got madder and madder when nobody agreed with him. That dude clearly has a screw loose or two....

MY MEMORY SERVES ME CORRECTLY WHAT AN UGLY RADIO!?!?!?!?!
magnum_s3200b.jpg

it maybe unatractive but they do work very very well on AM & SSB. i have had one for 2 trouble free years. keys 2 watts & swings 18. gets great reports with a D104 or a EchoMax 2000. i personaly think these radios are highly underated. for a base station with all the features it has for under $ 300.00 its hard to beat. i took a chance on one so not to run all my classic tube and solid state stuff all the time and have been very supprised at the way it works. has a ton of freqs. and a plug in jack for a Galaxy freq counter. i'd buy another if this one died. in fact i rate it as good as a Cobra 2000 might not have the loud audio of the 2000 but it's clear and crisp and has everything you need to function on the freebands.

Ugly radio or not I almost purchased one of those Magnum 3200Bs. But I purchased a Magnum 257 in 2002 used as a base with a 15 amp power supply and have never looked back. If memory serves me the 3200B was just a single 2sc1969 final iin it.

Hey all. Yeah. The radio was only a mobile with a power supply in a big ole box. But being a young enthusiest as I am. This radio has everything I need. I've owned mine for about three years now and I literally have no complaint about it. I am very much looking forward to owning a Galaxy Saturn one day. But for now, the 3200B is great. I run mine with a two-in-one amp and power supply made by Palomar, and an Astatic D-104. Nothing but good remarks on audio and strength. But yes. Just putting it out there. not too bad of a radio.

-John Boy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.