• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum S9 Radio for sale

9C1Driver

Aug 13, 2008
Up for sale is a Magnum S9 radio. Radio shows the normal signs of wear but is in very good condition. Everything appears to function as it should. Radio gets great on-air reports on AM and FM, all the displays work. This version has the flag faceplate and dual mosfet finals. Comes with radio, box, stock mic, bracket, power cord, and thumb screw packet. Got this in a local trade several months ago but I have lost interest in S9 radio's.

Only known issues are the following. I get great audio reports on AM and FM, on SSB I am told I don't sound as good. Either I suck at running a dual clarifier or there is a SSB adjust/repair that is needed. Next, when the radio is very cold the freq counter jumps around quite a bit. After several minutes the radio warms up and the counter settles in fine.

Selling for $280 shipped to your door CONUS only. Radio will be double boxed and packed well. Pay-Pal only please. I think this is a fair forum member price. If no interest I will chase after the stupid money on E-Bay. Pictures to follow here in 30 minutes.

How do those s9's do on ssb? I've never owned one. I remember when they were common and always thought they looked sharp. Seemed like they were ahead of their time compared to the radios that sold next to them.

I notice they're Chinese made, did quixiang build those?

Well the S9 kicked the crap outta the Galaxy 99 back in the day. You have to decide if you want one or not. The Magnum S series radios have been discontinued for years now.

Lol. Well I’m a Magnum guy and I love the first gen S9 that was dual 1969 final powered. First radio with all mode talkback. It was for sure a Galaxy 99 fighter. I just lost interest I guess. I prefer the processor controlled radios. I’m checking the PM.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.