• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum S9

I think another problem is 99% of these Cb Technicians do not hold any kind of certification. It be nice to see some with atleast a CET. One of the few industries that anyone claim to be anything. In Commercial Radio go to a Motorola Dealer/Service Station and chances are majority of the tech's have Certifications not just a FCC license as well. Credentials would weed out the clowns. I think Richard SS8541 would agree?

Marven,

Point taken BUT I'll try this on you too ;) ;) ..Without thinking :roll: :roll: I just put my radio back in,attached coax and POWA...1st time I keyed up everyone asked me "Why did you buy another dam radio ;) :roll: :roll: "??..

The RK mike turns my S-3 into a different animal than the "Stock"..I think someone mentioned ..."Read the book" {Quote from Marven} :D :D ..I totaly blew it off...not the 1st time the 2 have been paired..just my impatience ;) :idea: ...reset the knobs and away we go..imagine that ;) :D :D

Northstar,

The "good" and the" bad" of the "CERT" rule...great for the shops created by "TECHS" who can market themselves 8) 8) but some of the "Mom and POP" shops are handed down with folks growing up selling the equipment ,then learning the "Shop"..If they are good ..the "Reputation" stays..if they are "hackers"...well we all know what happens :shock: :roll: :x :x ...

Big flashy signs or web pages can attract customers BUT service ,service ,service then price brings us back....And if you look at who keeps us purchasing from them..they do handle most radios BUT might specialize in a "few"..for their own reasons :!: :!: :!:

Last item....having this place ( thank you again MOLE ;) ) makes lifes choices easier ( when you read from the right people,my MENTOR list would age most,right Dealer,Bobby,BC,NS and even Hammer{ sometime ;) } plus AV and on down the line).....Where else would you find info on the "Quack" or "BOO' or "8541" or "Bobs" or "Kale"...

Snoope back quiet...sorry this is long..it took 3 mich lites to finish ;) :D :D :D

s-9

Snoope;

I couldn't agree more with almost everything you said. It was a little hard for me to follow. lol :D

You reiterate my basic points very well.
I still believe that the biggest problem with people not liking an S series Magnum, and probably most others they want to name, are 2 things;

#1. Unreal expectations, and just too lazy or busy to figure their "radio system" out.

#2. More willing to believe their trucking buddy, than really learn something for themselves.

I totally agree with Northstar on the credentials thing. Most shops would be out of business, if they had to prove they even knew the basic theories. The consolation I get out of that, is that most of the bad shops are being found out. They may hold on for years though. :evil: :evil:

I also have noticed that the "new kid on the block", CB operator, that shows up on these forums, has a problem. He or she/ asks a question like "Which radio is best?" and the standard answer is, "Name your favorite radio".
The way I answer that question is with "For what?". I need to know a few things before I just blast out an answer.
Unfortuneately, they hear a brand/ model, and I'm not sure they ever even check back on the thread.

I've also noticed that the drivers or know-nothing techs, don't seem to ever even find it strange, that something isn't working out. Just blame the radio, it can't ever be anything else. Right? ha :roll: Now you know why I'm always rolling those eyes. lol
Well, I hijacked the thread again. Thanks for letting me vent.
marven :roll:

P.S. It is from this forum and others, reading and getting an education (on dozens of subjects), + hands on experience with people who do know how things work; that I'm even in business today. The real sadness to almost everything today, is nobody wants to put any work into anything.
And to all of you who help me, wheather you know it or not, Thank You!! :D :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.