• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Makeing a Antenna

CDX197

Apr 2, 2005
Nebraska's cornfields
Well bored out of my mind i was wanting to know what i could us to build a antenna with just basic house hold stuff. I want it to be a mobile antenna. And i want it to get out. Anyone have any ideas were i could start. Their is a metal scrap pile by the house so i could use some stuff from their. But i have nothing to do so i thought i would do something to burn the time! Have coax and everything like that. Just need to know what i could use for a antenna.

Alright thanks. But i just want to know if i could use coax as my anenna. Could i wrap coax around a rode or a pole and cover it with something? Stupid questions but will that work. Or could i take copper wire and wrap it around and connect the coax to it? Thanks

you could take a about a 102" piece of copper wire and solder it to the center conductor of the coax. then you could run some radials off of the shield part of the coax.

then you got yourself a 1/4 wave ground plane vertical! not very mobile though. :LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.