• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Making a 80 to 10 endfed

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
looking to coppy a MFJ-1982MP does any one have one? I just need to know the tube diamtor and coil turns for the 10 meter coil. Thanks.

dunno about a "10 meter coil", but,........from the manual.................

"All MFJ-1982 models come with 132 feet of antenna wire and cover 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, and 10 meters. The only difference between the LP, MP, and HP version is the power rating of the matching network. The MFJ-1982 resonates slightly above the 30-meter band, so a tuner is normally needed for transmitting. Also, note that there is small 6-turn inductor wound into the antenna wire about 6-feet from the matching unit. ..."

the dia of the pvc isn't mentioned, but it looks to be about 1 1/2 od +/-

Reactions: HomerBB
EFHW-8010:
The coil is six turns of #18 awg insulated wire wound on a 3/4” pvc coupler (1.25” OD).
It is 6 ft from the transformer, but 78” from the feed point.

Reactions: KD2GOE
dunno about a "10 meter coil", but,........from the manual.................

"All MFJ-1982 models come with 132 feet of antenna wire and cover 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, and 10 meters. The only difference between the LP, MP, and HP version is the power rating of the matching network. The MFJ-1982 resonates slightly above the 30-meter band, so a tuner is normally needed for transmitting. Also, note that there is small 6-turn inductor wound into the antenna wire about 6-feet from the matching unit. ..."

the dia of the pvc isn't mentioned, but it looks to be about 1 1/2 od +/-

the 10 to 40 ver has no coil the 10 to 80 has the coil i was told it is so 10 and 15's SWR will be lower..

Reactions: HomerBB
When you get it tuned the 80m will/should be at about 3.450Mhz. This helps the harmonic upper bands to be right. To get the antenna resonant on 75m phone if you wish consider doing this:

"Modification for 75 meters.
Here is how to raise the resonant frequency on your EFHW8010 for 75 meter phone operation without affecting the other bands. Simply cut the antenna at the half way point and insert a capacitor. 500pf will put you at around 3700khz.. Lower values i.e. 300pf will raise it even higher. I suggest a ceramic disc capacitor rated for at least several KV just to be safe. I have tested and verified this and it works great."

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated