• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Making audio sound BETTER??

I grew up in the 60s/70s had Jimi Hendrix and "Grand Funk RR" etc posters....black light posters....big stereo. :)

I did too as far as Grand Funk Railroad goes. The era of super bands.
But my fav was Steppenwolf

Jimi Hendrix, The Who......I liked it all. The only thing worse than disco is rap, but it just won't go away.
John Kay of Steppenwolf did nail the truth in the song "For Ladies Only" when he said "Half the world was built upon their tears".

Same here, but no Jimmy or Janice. Just my black lights, old Radio Shack strobe, harmonica and a doob or two...maybe 3-4.

Big Hendrix fan....GFRR was from Flint...seen them in the music stores up in Lansing back in the day....those strobe lights gave me a headache after a while.....I liked the tube blacklights...my gal and I used to get naked and it made our skin look weird....kinda like you had dark skin....a freaky illusion.:)

I agree. We used to have Tascam (Teac) 122 Mk2 professional cassette decks in the studios back in the mid/late 80's or so. Back then they were about $1200 each and had Dolby B and C as well as well as normal/metal/chrome settings that would be set automatically when you inserted a tape. That's when I first learned about the little holes in the cassette shell and what they were for. LOL. With properly aligned heads (we did our own with proper alignment tapes) a cassette recorded in Dolby could sound REALLY good believe it or not.
I didn't have a Tascam but used a Nakamichi Dragon. Properly recored Dolby C always sounded better on that deck. If it was recording I really wanted to reproduce then It was recorded on my Teac X-1000r. I still have both of those packed away somewhere.

I should dig out the Teac as I have tons of tapes from my broadcasting days, a few celeb interviews in there as well.

Agreed. Unfortunately most people listen to a tape NOT recorded in Dolby and use Dolby on playback which does sound worse. Because of this they determine that Dolby makes tapes sound worse when in fact they were not using a proper reference in the beginning.

I try to get cassettes and 8 tracks W/O DOLBY :)

Its easier getting 8 tracks w/o it then it is a cassette because cassettes are NEWER but I do have several cassettes also w/o it.. (mainly ones released before 1975)

You may have to locate this elsewhere but pursuant to any issues...

Angular Frequency Wiki

Some other stuff attached to keep this thread relevant.

A site you may wish to visit ...
http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-RC.htm

There are links within that may help with Frequency and Impedance calculations - this site is based in Deutsch but it has "English" writing - so don't let the headers intimidate you - the sites well worth a look.

Thanks!
:+> Andy <+:

Attachments

• 212_Dolby_B,_C_and_S_Noise_Reduction_Systems.pdf
    304.4 KB · Views: 188
  • ame_equalizer_20040412.pdf
    740.4 KB · Views: 138

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.