• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MAN button on rci 2995dx HP

mivch2491

Nov 14, 2023
hello fellow operators
1f642.png
,i have a question may bee simple for some buth i c'ant find it on my rci 2995 dx hp .
when i push the MAN button(change to channels) i go to manual mode ,and get C band channel1-40,buth how can i get other frequencies with"MAN" like D-E .....how can i change the C to D???thanks michel belgium

Reactions: AmericanEagle575

hello fellow operators
1f642.png
,i have a question may bee simple for some buth i c'ant find it on my rci 2995 dx hp .
when i push the MAN button(change to channels) i go to manual mode ,and get C band channel1-40,buth how can i get other frequencies with"MAN" like D-E .....how can i change the C to D???thanks michel belgium
You use the VFO knob to get to the other frequencies,if I'm correct in remembering,the manual button is just to reach the CB band(1-40) exclusively,the 2995 is different say from a Galaxy 2517(Saturn) in the Sense that there's no band knob like there is on a Galaxy Saturn and the 2995 uses a VFO knob to reach the desired frequency needed, hope this makes sense and helps.

73's

You use the VFO knob to get to the other frequencies,if I'm correct in remembering,the manual button is just to reach the CB band(1-40) exclusively,the 2995 is different say from a Galaxy 2517(Saturn) in the Sense that there's no band knob like there is on a Galaxy Saturn and the 2995 uses a VFO knob to reach the desired frequency needed, hope this makes sense and helps.

73's
Yep same as the rest of the 29xx series. You can change it to channel mode and it will display the channel along with the band letter. It'll keep going past 40 and will go below 40. So it's vfo all the time so to say.

Last edited:
That split button is a fun one if ya have a buddy that can use the feature on his side too. I sure miss my old 2950, took a bit to get the hang of the buttons, some I didn't use very often either.

That split button is a fun one if ya have a buddy that can use the feature on his side too. I sure miss my old 2950, took a bit to get the hang of the buttons, some I didn't use very often either.
Like you, when I use the 2950dx6 I very rarely use many of the buttons either. They're pretty simple well working radios when they're set up correctly.

Reactions: Keto and mivch2491

73's
ok thank you maybee that's why there's nothing in the manual :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.