• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Man died from eating licorice?

Yes. Black licorice contains a chemical that depletes the body of potassium which can cause irregular heart beats.
According to the story the person had recently switched from fruit flavored sticks to black. Everything in moderation.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Everything in moderation. Black liqourice chewed is I find helpful in alleviating heartburn, the odd time that it strikes. Its a real B**** and if there's no other remedy available, then I'll go for it.
Re the pottasium depletion - eat a banana, its full of pottasium....

Everything in moderation. Black liqourice chewed is I find helpful in alleviating heartburn, the odd time that it strikes. Its a real B**** and if there's no other remedy available, then I'll go for it.
Re the pottasium depletion - eat a banana, its full of pottasium....

Mustard....a tablespoon of yellow mustard will get rid of heartburn in around 3 to 6 minutes. It's the only thing that will get rid of it for me sometimes.

Something to be said for going out memorably.

Everyone else has to kick it via cancer or a heart attack, but not our old teammate, Fred. No sir, the doc gave him the bad news, but with his wife passed and kids long gone, he didn’t want to be a corpse found dead a week past.

Same grit Coach Thurston had always remarked.

So, he welded a surplus JATO engine assembly into the cut-out trunk of that ‘67 SS Impala you remember he’d bought off the Grimes family after their boy didn’t make it back from Vietnam . . . .
and one cold moonlit night he tripped the ignition switch waaaay out the SR-11 river canyon road.

Woke every two & four-footed creatur in three counties.

The military and state people later reckoned that at 250’ AGL he’d made it to over 300-mph in sustained thrust given the three-mile straightaway, . . still gaining altitude as he cratered the cliff face.

Somewhere in a song, I believe he cleared it.

That rocket blast. It had been almost as loud as the crowd roar when he’d sacked the Alpine quarterback behind the goal line in the state quarter-finals.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.