• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Marconi's stuff

Thanks 22. Somewhere I ask you where you live and what frequencies you work if you are within a 100 miles of Houston.

Got my Starduster up at 41' to the hub and my I-10K up at 36' to the base. They are about equal on signal on RX and the I-10K shows a bit more signal on some stations on TX. Maybe if I could get the last 5' out of the pushup pole on the Starduster it would equal in all reports to the I-10K. Have not worked any DX yet on the SD, but have made contacts out to 260 miles into Boerne, Texas from Houston at 100 watts on both antennas.

stardusterandi10kheightcn2.jpg

Last edited:
Another antenna project underway on the pushup pole that the Wolf .64 is installed on. A HyGain Long John LJ-105B.

lj105bonteststation8fa.jpg

My I-10K vs a Wolf Antenna .64 Ground Plane.

wolf64andi10kuw2.jpg

Last edited:
so far without much conditions to work with, there is no such thing as even .5 of an S/unit difference and that is first one then the other. There is some audio differences noted when using the .64, reports are it is louder, but I have also noticed the opposite when RX'ing signals from different stations. So I just figure the conditions are in control as usual. Just about the same results I was getting with the Starduster that was up a bit higher at the feed point in my most recent post about the SD'r. My intentions with that testing was to get the SD'r tip up to the same as the I-10K, but that was not possible with my current setup.

I will be testing these two for the next month or so and will produce a RX signal report later. Not very accurate, but the best I could do.

I am currently building the beam note above, so I don't have much time for radio. I will be putting this one on my roof deck mount in a few days I hope.
ri10k64wolf1et.jpg

I like mine because it has big wheels on it and rolls very easily over carpet and hard wood floors. Doesn't look very good, but better than everything laying around all over the room on tables, chairs, and sofas. I got tired of moving it around when I clean too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.