• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MARS Mod for Icom IC-2AT?

T23

Apr 17, 2010
I found this mod on the internet for a MARS mod for the Icom IC-2AT for frequency coverage between 140 and 150 MHZ, I wanted to know though, has anyone done this and where exactly are the C2 C3 C4 and COM points on the PCB I am assuming its at the base and thumwheel connections of the ribbon.

"Some of these radios were sold with only 144-148Mhz coverage (USA) or 144-146MHz (European). This mod allows full coverage from 140-150 MHz:

Open up the radio and locate the flexible ribbon cable that connects the thumbwheel switches to the main circuit board.

At the main circuit board end of the flexible ribbon cable add a jumper at location C4. There should already be a jumper at location C2.

At the thumbwheel switch end of the flexible ribbon cable remove the jumper which connects C3 and COM.

Reassemble the radio. Coverage is now 140-150 MHZ which will handle most MARS and CAP monitoring needs. Note that the repeater offset is still 600KHz which no MARS or CAP repeater uses... "

T23

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?