• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Master Chief Conceds DEFEAT! (almost)

Master Chief

Apr 5, 2005
I have often sung the praises of the Wilson line of antennas. I have been a HUGE fan of the Wilson 1000/5000 for a long time and HIGHLY recommend the Wilson 2000 for trucks. I still do!

But, I decided to listen to all of you and order my first big coil antenna. It is NO suprise that I choose the Predator 10K based on all your input and the professional way Kale has handled himself out here and via private e-mail.

I ordered the antenna from John's CB and it came within a few days! It was shipped in a tube and was PERFECT when it arrived here. With freight the antenna cost me $80.00.

I also attended the DX Convention in Visalia and spoke with Charlie at Hi-Q Antennas. I have suggested his heavy duty mounts in the past and decided to buy one of his Giant Quick Disconnects. He had them in Stainless Steel and Aluminum. Since aluminum is a better conductor and the P-10K is so light, I went with the Aluminum GQD!

Its not installed yet, but I snapped a few pictures for everyone to see. Once it is installed, I will take some field strength readings using my Bird 4030 FS Meter of the P-10K and my Wilson 1000 Magmount. We'll see which one works better.

Check out my PICTURES in the PHOTOS section of this site.

Hey Master Chief,
I see you are finally seeing the light:
The BEST money you will EVER spend on a radio system is on the ANTENNA and FEEDLINE!

Now that's one hell of a QDC. Your'll find the 10K will out perform the Wilson, especially in the RX dept. TX I feel is more even. I will be interested in your evaluations.

Wish he made one for VHF.

That's where I bought mine, Johns. It was the best 11M antenna I ever used.

lol chief, the wilson is a fine antenna, i own a 1000 and 5000 none truckers but like you keep telling us The BEST money you will EVER spend on a radio system is on the ANTENNA and FEEDLINE!, i will be amazed if we cant agree on this one :LOL: , mine and charleas 22" and 27" 10k's beat any of our wilson antennas in both tx and rx in roughly equal ammounts plus our signal while mobile is more stable at highway speeds, its not hard to tell if hes using his 2000 trucker or the 10k when hes 25/30 miles out driving to and from work, the shunt fed wilsons are less noisy especially when using a preamp, folk dont stare at the wilsons like you have a naked woman on the roof when you drive past :LOL: .

Hey bob, where is your report on the I-10K's that you just recently received. Haven't heard a word. I know that you are impressed, by now.

the antenna is not installed yet, my buddy does not seem to be in any hurry while his sirio 827 is still alive and kicking, hes blind so i cant ask him what he thinks of the look and quality of it. :)

Nope. But I understand there is a shootout this month in Long Beach. A local has a Trucker 5000 and will be installing an identical GQD on his vehicle. He has a custom built 16 pill.

I have a prototype coil on the way from Kale and will be testing them both! I'll take pictures!

I thought Justin that is was a two coil and that the voltages changed from the bottom to the top coil? I also thought that the Wilson 5000 Trucker came in third not second? Did I remember this incorrectly?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.