• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MAX40200 as detector diode?

DTB Radio

Sep 14, 2005
Carlisle, PA. USA
www.dtbradio.com
I stumbled on this IC while looking at possible diode replacements for the venerable 1N34-style part. I haven't thoroughly read through the spec sheet, but I wanted to put this out for general discussion and feedback. It claims to have a forward drop of less than 100mV, which would make for great sensitivity in an AM receiver. The supply voltage pin doubles as the input pin if I'm reading the sheet correctly, and the supply spec is 1.5 V or higher, so I'm not sure if it could be adapted to detector duties, but some discussion seems warranted to explore the possibility.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

The enable signal and the output signal have quite a delay between them on the datasheet charts. Shows tens of uS.

Germanium diodes, I believe, contain lead, so they are rapidly disappearing with no hope of ever being made again. They can still be found if you are willing to pay $2+ each. Saw one site up to $5 each.

Have you tried the 1N5711?

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.