1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Maximum bypass for DaveMade

Discussion in 'CB Radio Modifications' started by 9two7, Dec 24, 2020.

1. 9two7

9two7 New Member

Hi everyone,

I’m making some changes to my transmission chain and I’m trying to find out what the maximum allowable bypass power (amp off) would be for a DaveMade 1x4.

Any thoughts?
    9two7

2. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

Max would be barefoot drive power. That's what the keying circuit is built to withstand safely. Much more power than that tends to be unhealthy for the keying circuit even with the power off.

Slowmover and NZ8N like this.
  3. 9two7

9two7 New Member

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I’m trying to avoid too many antenna switches in my network and would prefer to keep the DaveMade in-line and off when running a smaller amp upstream.

I’ll see what can be done to internally bypass the DaveMade in lieu of adding two more coax switches.