• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Maxon SM-4150 question?

Pork Chop

May 26, 2010
Testing next month for my 1st license. Was gonna first week end of July but low and behold I find out there are new questions and the local group is waiting for something I don't know. Anyways I am confident I'll pass.
Now I purchased 2 of these radios and got a pretty good deal. Every thing I have found on line says that they are 2 meter mobiles. I have no idea what is programed in to them I did plug one in and powered it up on my antron and one ch is weather. So it works but not gonna transmit with out right antenna and my Ham operator friend being here with me.
He said there is a program cable and an actual PC program needed to program these? The local radio shop here is RC Electronics in Salem,WI the last rig I sent to be programed was an old Johnson and would need crystals he wanted to sell me a new radio i gave up on that project for now found a midland to use as my GMRS repeater.
Does anyone no were I can obtain the cable and program for these radios? Or should I just polish them up and sell them? HELP????

You can purchase the software and cables from here:

SM4000 SM-4000 Maxon SM-4000 Series Scanning Mobiles: 2 way two way radio Maxon SM-4000 Series Scanning Mobiles: 2 way two way radio Maxon SM-4000 Series Scanning Mobiles: 2 way two way radio Maxon SM-4000 Series Scanning Mobiles, GE Monogram Series,

Personally, for the price of those, I would just sell the radio and purchase a VHF/UHF radio that can use the whole band, not just 16 channels that I have to program in.
What ya think there worth if they both work i only have one mount though?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.