• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MC-50 ?

Delta 1

Mar 11, 2016
Lompoc Ca
I purchased a MC-50 Today off a ham site... The previous owner was using it on a TS-811, so my ? Is will it work on my TS-140S or will I need to switch wiring.. Thanks for any feedback 73 Rick

It's a nice microphone. I have one I use on my TS-820S.
IMG_20190617_203236.jpg yes sir, I did find this on universal radio... Just wasn't sure if it was going to work on the 140S. How would you compare it to the mc-60 ?

Just wasn't sure if it was going to work on the 140S. How would you compare it to the mc-60 ?

I would say they are about equal in sound quality. Both are dual impedance. The MC-50 switches impedance by turning the plug over and the MC-60 has a switch. The MC-60 has a preamp whereas the MC-50 does not but that is moot. 99% of radios do not need an amplified mile and it seems more of a CB thing to run them. My MC-50 sounds great but then again it IS a Kenwood plugged into a Kenwood hybrid transceiver. :D

Reactions: midnight special

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?