• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MFJ-525B RF Speech Processor

fasteddy

Apr 5, 2005
Wanting to know about this piece of equipment. External processor that goes between the mic and the radio. With the MFJ name on it I thought it probably meant it was a quality piece of equipment, but I wanted the opinions of my esteemed peers. All input would be appreciated.

fasteddy

CDX-765, 2SF765

High Country DX, HF Specailist. Del Norte, CO
contact me at pe765@aol.com
mid79290big.jpg
</p>

Well I bought it. I'll give a run down on the performance and features and make a full report. Just thought it would make a nice addition to the Shure 444 desk mic.

73's

fasteddy

mid79290big.jpg
</p>

This speech processor was a nice addition to my Shure 444D mic. Really gives the audio more punch. Settings are kind of touchy, easy to overcompress and have to much gian, but once I figured it out it really enhanced my signal and audio. A friend who I talk to who lives about 12 miles from me says that when I turn it on my signal comes up 1 to 2 S units, that is with the radio barefoot. DX reports are about the same with the KLV 350 inline on low setting. I am quite satisfied with this little piece of equipment. My radio has a 13.8V source at the mic plug so I just sourced the proceesor out of my radio. If you ever run across one of these I would recommend picking it up.

fasteddy

mid79290big.jpg
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.