• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MFJ-826B Digital SWR Wattmeter

I've got two dosy meters for sale. Pm1000ts $60 shipped and ts1000 $70 shipped. I was going to sell one of my dosy fc50s but doesn't look like the mfj826b will read with high enough resolution so I think I'll have to keep that.

For the MFJ in today. It arrived in good condition.

The readings don't look right. Stock cobra 29's (3 of them) read 18-19 watts peak. A Galaxy 959 and two 2547's read 26-28 watts peak right out of the box. Ssb readings were pretty much the same.

Id love to just plug in a meter and know its working. Unless stock cb radios are now doing 18-28 watts peak and running a carrier of 5-5.5 watts, I gotta send this one back. I think the two Workman 2hp201s meters for $25 are working a lot better. Idk. Back to Bird and separate SWR and few meters.

I have been comparing output on a few other radios in the shack. My meter continues to show similar results. I am more than pleased with it's performance so far.

Very happy with it.

Its a (True Active Peak Reading) meter A powered circuit is going to show you whats really there. Thats why most of us are mor concerned with average power which is most important when tuning and loding an amplifier because thats the most important in that and other situations. Most people think peak reading is useless because the other end has no clue or cant hear it when in actuality it does make a difference which is why I have a few peak reading meters I occasionally play with but are not my main meters on any of my setups. You wanna hurt your own feelings hook up my DAIWA CN-101L its accurate but only shows your AVG power but has the PEP do you can read SSB.

People scream bull$hit!!! When there brandnew HF Rig shows 75 to 85 watts but as most places do they tune these on PEP meters therefor your not pounding the pi$$ out of the radio so you wont see 100 watts on a meter but if yo hook it to a true pak reading meter you will see the 15 or 20 watts they were cryin about lacking.

For the MFJ in today. It arrived in good condition.

The readings don't look right. Stock cobra 29's (3 of them) read 18-19 watts peak. A Galaxy 959 and two 2547's read 26-28 watts peak right out of the box. Ssb readings were pretty much the same.

Id love to just plug in a meter and know its working. Unless stock cb radios are now doing 18-28 watts peak and running a carrier of 5-5.5 watts, I gotta send this one back. I think the two Workman 2hp201s meters for $25 are working a lot better. Idk. Back to Bird and separate SWR and few meters.

you should be able to calibrate that meter, through the menu settings, all wattage numbers are calculated in to a 50 ohm load, so if you are not using a 50 ohm load your numbers might vary a little.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks Marconi.

Had surgery last Friday. Still a little sore, but I sure feel better. I've had pain in that area for many years. Several doctors said it was just reflux and indigestion, not my gallbladder. All tests for gallbladder came back normal until a recent ultrasound showed a few small stones.

Once my surgeon went in, he said that it was bad. I feel absolutely like a new man now. I first started having symptoms in 1982. Glad that pesky thing is out. I can eat just about anything now.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks Marconi.

Had surgery last Friday. Still a little sore, but I sure feel better. I've had pain in that area for many years. Several doctors said it was just reflux and indigestion, not my gallbladder. All tests for gallbladder came back normal until a recent ultrasound showed a few small stones.

Once my surgeon went in, he said that it was bad. I feel absolutely like a new man now. I first started having symptoms in 1982. Glad that pesky thing is out. I can eat just about anything now.

Glad you're ok! Now that you have radio ...er, recovery time, the bands stink!

Brett

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated