• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mic Cord wired for rci 2950 to yaesu md-1 mic needed

Tony, I figured the RCI mic would be 6 wire, but it's not. I thought I was the one that put the 4 pin plug on it, but it looks like it came that way from the factory. So I can either go by the electronics shop and get some 6 wire mic cord, otherwise the only thing I have is plenty of Cat 5 cable, which is unshielded so I don't think I should use that. Or, if someone has a 6 wire junk mic, I have the 8 pin connector already...

Well if yo can get one then just do that and let me know what it costed even if it was the straight non coiled mic cord like some of the shure mics had that is fine also

Tony,

I found a piece of high quality, 8 wire shielded cable That I had on something else in the junk drawer :)

Here's what I did...someone check my work before I ship it off:
RCI pin..........Color.............Function..........Yaeusu pin
1..................Yellow...........Audio Shield......2
2..................Tan..............Audio Lead........8
3..................Red..............Transmit...........6
4..................Black............Receive.............7
5..................Green...........Up control.........1
6..................Blue.............Down control......3

If that looks right, let me know your addy and I'll drop it in the mail.

looks good to me as far as the matching i left justin a message to look at it also let me know what ya need need sir I do appreciate that help

All I need is your address to drop in the mail. Just buy me a beer sometime if I'm out your way :beer :beer and we'll call it even.

hey ya crazy nut how ya know i LOVE BEER!!!??? Yah you ever get out this way you let me know. Not only I promise ya a few beers but some good laughs to :D

geeze i might as well order a barrel for ya but then i get to come to Cali like ive always wanted to and drink it with you lmao You Cali folks are some good peoples thats all I can say..

Ok I had to dig this thread up from the old post stack. I am trying to figure out why this cord isnt working I been looking at it again and it seems correct can any of you see a problem??? I really want this to work and its DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! The up and down buttons work channels change but when keying the radio it does nothing or when PTT is pressed it does nothing. What is the standard wiring for Yaesu 8 pin as far as audio transmit recieve sheild ETC

Howdy Tony:
Is been a long time that I played with an RCI 2950 or 2970,I just have one question for you.
Do you need the Original Microphone to be conected in order to hear the speaker sound???
The Yaesu or most of the Multiband Ham Rigs don't need the Microphone to received audio.
Some rigs microphones are 4 pins wich: 2 pins are for Audio and 1 for PTT(They share the ground for mic/ptt) and in some cases they only use 3 pins instead of the 4 pins.
The others with more pins are just for UP/Down Buttons and some to power the microphones,like IE Icoms.

Tecnicoloco
73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.