• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mic Cord wired for rci 2950 to yaesu md-1 mic needed

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I want to use my Yaesu MD-1 Mic on my 2950 Chassis radios. I need someone to wire me up a cord that goes from the rci 6 pin to the yaesu 8 pin connection on the mic would like the up and down channels to work with this . I am aware that the fast button will not function so thats fine. I was gonna have Justin do it but he is busy and I dont want to trouble him with anymore things to do if I dont have to. I would do it myself but am pretty shakey at present time due to illness so if someone else can do this for me that would be great let me know what the cost would be thanks peoples.....Tony

well if your familiar with the Yaesu MD-1 Vit has a jumper that goes from the radio to another plug on the back of the base on the Mic. Ther both standard female mic plugs. i need one end set up for the yaesi 8 pin for the back of the mic and the other a standard rci 6 pin (2950) style setup I just want to be able to use these MD-1 on my rci chassis radios so I can also use the up down channels. On rough days I lay down and think this would work out super for me as far as turning channels. Depending on cost I may have 2 made up that all depends on the person that does it if they wont to make 2 of them. I just have nights that I cant run my hf radios due to static levels and these export radios for some reason at times have a quieter recieve ....You tell me I dont get it either :roll:

Tony, I thought i had an old piece of junk mic with enough wires to do this, but I don't. If I understand what you're looking for, you want a mic plug with female connectors on both sides? I can go by the electronics shop this week to pick up some suitable mic cord.....

ok let me know the cost of everything. I would like 2 but would be happy with even oneI just would like to use my MD-1 mics on these RCI radios to badvthey all cant have the same mic wiring same pins and or plugs but why should life be so easy. Like I said I know that the fast button for the channels wont be useable on the RCI 6 pin setup so thats one les wire to deal with so at the yaesu 8 pin MD-1 end all 8 pins wont be used so Im almost thinkin that a 6 wire cord may work but maybe someone else knows forsure. Its nice that those cord for the MD-1 are really kind of like a jumper so new ones can be made for different applications such as what I want the ASTATIC echomax is also made like this. Beats putting a new end on for each different radio.

Im thinking the standard wires needed are rx, tx, audio, sheild, up channel, and down channel are whats needed.

OK, I found an old RCI mic, so that should have enough wires. I'll see if I can get this done this weekend.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.