• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mic mod im sure its done before on bearcat 980

Well thankfully most of the newer radios have a control to adjust TB volume. Only the older chassis radios don’t or most anyway.

Reactions: Rwb
You mean to tell me you haven't figured it out yet?

Would this help?

Better copy and paste or bookmark because I'm only going to do this once...

Galaxy929-12Z-13ZBoardsTalkbackMod.jpg

Galaxy 2547...
Galaxy2547Audiosm.png

Galaxy 6900 boards...
Galaxy6900AudioMods.jpg

Talkback mods...
Galaxy6900AudioTBMods.jpg

Attachments

• Galaxy2547Audio.png
    Galaxy2547Audio.png
    385.2 KB · Views: 2
Well dang it boy... what else you got all fancy like that? Can I sit with my head against yours, learn by osmosis?

I did not know that.

Reactions: Rwb
Reactions: StrangeBrew and Rwb
If you ever want to convert a radio that uses a dynamic stock mic into "sort of" a power mic, there is an easy trick using an electret condenser element in place of the lower output dynamic. Replace the dynamic with a condenser that is powered by lithium button cells to form between 6 to 9 volts. Feed that bias trough a 2.2 k ohm resistor. Use a .022 to .047 uf cap to feed the audio back into the mic wire. Adjust the sound to your liking by adjusting the value of the cap. Larger caps give more bass but be careful not to go into distortion or sound "muddy" with too much bass. Punchy audio with good fidelity can be achieved on most radios that were designed for a dynamic stock mic.

Since the cap now feeds audio directly into the mic wire, you can re-purpose the unused pole of the mic switch to turn the battery on and off when the mic is keyed. The 2.2 k resistor value can be changed to adjust gain with values between 1 k and 4.7 k. Maximum gain occurs when this value best matches both the output impedance of the element and input impedance of the radio. Keep leads short to avoid RF pickup and place a .001 uf cap right across the back of the mic element if it tends to feedback from RFI.
I also like converting dynamic mics over to electret condenser. They have a wider audio range, greater sensitivity, and they’re easier to tailor merely by experimenting with a few caps and resistors. The only difference is, I prefer applying the phantom power inside the radio vs. batteries in the mic. I have a handful of cheap 5 volt regulators that I use for that purpose.

Handy andy is 1 fine person.he is very well versed in these radios.
Thank you andy

Reactions: Mudduckmobile
I have been saving the pics he has made for years now. ever so often when I run into a problem I go to what I have saved and try to find the one that fits the problem. I have hundreds of his pics so far. just saved the last ones he did here. I already knew about the 696 talk back mod he did but not some of the others.
I still hate that when I was up in Michigan I did not seek him out to visit with. all our talks have been on cbtricks and now here.
Andy is one of the good guy's for sure.

Don't give me credit guys.

I'm wondering why I'm still here - I figured you'd all try to run me off...

These works and more are from times long ago, and I still feel that way, about a time when it mattered to me that the one person, if this works for them - I've done the job I'm sent here to do.

Someone believed in me, I'm only trying to return the favor. Due to their kindness, I try to pass it along, it's the least I can do,

Don't always mean I get it right - oh-LORDY no...

But I do try...

There are times we need to be thankful there are other out there making an effort to be heard and to help other be heard.

It may not matter to all, but it matters to me...

Thank you, to all of you - for putting up with what this thing puts out...typos and all..

Don't give me credit guys.

I'm wondering why I'm still here - I figured you'd all try to run me off...

These works and more are from times long ago, and I still feel that way, about a time when it mattered to me that the one person, if this works for them - I've done the job I'm sent here to do.

Someone believed in me, I'm only trying to return the favor. Due to their kindness, I try to pass it along, it's the least I can do,

Don't always mean I get it right - oh-LORDY no...

But I do try...

There are times we need to be thankful there are other out there making an effort to be heard and to help other be heard.

It may not matter to all, but it matters to me...

Thank you, to all of you - for putting up with what this thing puts out...typos and all..
you deserve it handy andy.

Well Andy I certainly appreciate it, I don’t know everything and I’m certainly not the best tech or radio guy on the planet, it shows here too. Around here, while not the best, I do believe I’m better than most of the rest cause I don’t cut and chop up people’s radios.

I’d love to have those pics you’ve done. Maybe I can talk Sonoma into a file share or something. Or maybe you should just write a book and include them all, haha.

Regardless, thank you and everyone else who contributes here, it is appreciated.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated