• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mic mod im sure its done before on bearcat 980

I have tons of pics Andy has done over the years. he keeps them all some where so he can go back and pull them out.
Andy maybe we could talk you into putting all the pics in one posting and the guy's can copy them or just look at all of them you have.

Reactions: Rwb
I was looking at all I have saved to one drive and it is so many I stopped trying to count them. I got up to 50 and got tired of counting. some I had to look at real close to figure out what radio they were for. so many will cover numerous radios such as a repair for the 696 boards. that covers galaxy and ranger radios. Andy has made so many over the years. I even have a bunch of Sue's mods copied.
if Andy did some thing like that he would fill up a lot of pages. just hope some one does not start posting in between what he is logging and mess up what he would be doing.
guy's here would really like that for sure. I have never been good at making the pictures the way Andy does. I will go to cbtricks and look at the pictures on a radio and just copy it and write on the page for my own use.
I used the galaxy 959 talk back pictures off cbtricks for info to put talk back in the ranger radios with the 696 boards. most guy's would just lift the diode to get talk back but it sounded bad and no control over it. add a switch to turn it on and off and add the one resister ranger left out our put a variable pot in there and the talk back would sound great.
wow this is more typing than I have done in a long time.

Last edited:
Andy is a tribute to cb a great tribute

I missed a lot. I’d pay for some of that information I’m sure, while I’ve learned a lot, I still learn every day.

I hope somebody will post it, please. I imagine it’s a metric ton of work and hassle but it’d be greatly appreciated.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.