• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mic tests - 575M6, D104M6, RK56....and more

And..... you can go back even further before telex acquired the REAL original Turner but most of those from then are an extremely rare find. The telex was the last of a quality mic. The turner you see today is only that by name.

I have both the Trucker and the Trucker II. They are both great mics. The element in them is identical in many ways to the D104 Minuteman I and II, but the way they “detuned” the MC569 element (for lack of a better term) was to delete +\- 90 percent of the circumference where the diaphragm touches the element case. This makes the element much less sensitive so you must talk close to it. For the most part if you want to make the Trucker into a D104 you can throw in an MC564 element. The biggest problem I have with the mics from this era is case brittleness and the battery pod approaching or long past approaching unusable. I am still trying different things to try to find a solution to the battery pods.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.