• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Microphone and an equalizer?

fasteddy

Apr 5, 2005
I talked to a gentlemen in Tennesee recently and he told me he was hooking his microphone through a car stereo equalizer. Is this possible, and if it is how would it be done? Sounds interesting to me, being able to adjust the tone all through the frequency of your voice. I am interested in doing the project myself, so let me know if it would be worth it.

73's

fasteddy

CDX-765, PE765, 2SF765

High Country DX, HF Specailist. Del Norte, CO
contact me at pe765@aol.com
mid79290big.jpg
</p>

Hi there Eddy.It might be possible to use a car stereo EQ but they are meant to take a much higher level input and may cause some humm or hiss.You may have to crank up the power mike if you use one and then turn down the output of the EQ before going into the radio.This helps the signal to noise ratio.I use a D104 Silver Eagle feeding an Altec mike preamp feeding a Urei 527-A EQ and run the audio into the modulator in jack on the back of the Icom 735.This bypasses all the freq response limiting circuitry that is in the radio's mike circuit.A simple bypass switch lets me be sharp sounding in the bypass mode.Good for DX'ing.I use the EQ for rag chewing or local or when conditions are real good.I'm not sure if I had the EQ in the circuit the last time we talked or not.Sorry it was short but you probably heard the kids in the background.Two boys aged 4 and 5.Need I say more.Next time we hook up remind me to flip the switch.Hope to catch you in there again soon.

9VE01 PE993
RCI-2950DX SP1-A Galaxy350XL
82 inch center loaded homebrew

Icom IC-735
D104 Silver Eagle
4 element homebrew horz.</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/uqrn.showPublicProfile?language=EN>QRN</A> 
globalWhite.gif
at: 4/9/02 5:44:57 pm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.