• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 77-285A Adjustments

newoldguy

May 31, 2019
**Please Note this is NOT!!! the same as a 77-285 it is a totally different radio***

not really a mod just some info i couldn't find anywhere so i went thru this radio and here is what we have for adjustments.
RV 1-Power
RV 2-Squelch
RV 4-TX Meter
RV 5-Recieve Meter
RV 6-AMC (modulation)

the channel conversion is posted at alot of places if anyone needs them just let me know.

**Please Note this is NOT!!! the same as a 77-285 it is a totally different radio***

Looked it up. It’s rare in my experience to see Midland radios for sale at retail. Even online they don’t register.

Of course it would help if they had an easier identifier than part of the serial number. I’ve had shorter passwords.
alot of people dont know some of the capabilities that some radios have this is my 3rd version of the 77-285 i also have a 77-285EX which looks just like the 77-285 but it has fm and factory hi/lo power i am really impressed with this 77-285 A now just to figure out some power mods for it

Reactions: Slowmover
In EU that radio is sold as Yosan MJ-3031 - 1 final transistor or Megajet MJ-3031 - 2 final transistors.
Hygen 303 is another brand name.
Documentation: https://www.cbradio.cz/doc/Hygen/303/
Mike
Nice find i will have to check into that i know all 3 versions i have came with a single 2SC1969 final i believe alan also makes similar radios i believe they teamed up for awhile. going to see what google shows me on that radio Thanks for the info

And there it is the same exact radio other then the midland is 4 pin megajet-mj3031

Attachments

• big_4_13.jpg
    big_4_13.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 10

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.